Will your research benefit from taking a good look at our planet?
Earth Observation data is improving research across many disciplines and could significantly influence the intelligence available to your projects.
Through its Earth Observation services adoption calls OCRE aims to;
- Stimulate the use of specialised Earth Observation Services aiding the use of Earth Observation data in research, in particular, usage of the data generated by the Copernicus programme.
- Demonstrate that the use of such services can have a tangible positive impact on research execution and/or outcomes (showcases).
- Contribute to the development of the nascent market of Earth Observation service suppliers.
How can this opportunity benefit your project?
The OCRE Project call for EO funding for researchers provides two different funding types;
- Funding for individual institutes to submit proposals for research projects that would benefit by consuming Earth Observations services. OCRE will fund these services which would be supplied by providers on the OCRE procurements.
- Co-funding for institutional research projects referred by national/multi-national research agencies, in order to provide further support for these projects in terms of Earth Observations services co-funded (50%) by OCRE.
OCRE will also fund commodity cloud services directly related to the consumption of these Earth Observations services.
Is your project eligible?
Under this 1st EO funding call, OCRE aims to fund the consumption of EO services by projects which can become clear showcases for the benefits of using Earth Observation Services; projects which;
- Are a part of the European research community.
- Use earth observation data from the Copernicus programme in their research.
- Support the FAIR data principles and intend to share their research data with peers.
- Clearly demonstrate how the use of commercial Earth Observation Services can provide agility in terms of research activities; improve research or enable new research outcomes.
- Provide significant relevance within their research discipline.
- Are not currently using these tools extensively.
- Hope to continue usage of Earth Observation Services in their research.
- Can begin to use Earth Observation Services in early 2021.
Examples of some Earth Observation Services can be found here.
How to apply
Applications are closed.
Questions about this call
Please ask your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Launch Webinar
See all the relevant files recordings from the webinar here.
How Can I Stay Informed of Future Calls?
Based on the experience gained from the 1st calls, we are currently revising our adoption funding strategy. Our updated strategy should be published by early April, if not before.